Beauty and the Beast (2017)

I was really excited about the live-action Beauty and the Beast and I'm happy to say that it was REALLY GOOD. So good I will go ba...

I was really excited about the live-action Beauty and the Beast and I'm happy to say that it was REALLY GOOD. So good I will go back and watch it again with my mum this week (hopefully) because I really didn't expect to love it this much.

And don't worry: this post is completely spoiler-free.

I was a bit apprehensive about it at first, having half-read reviews saying that it was a bit meh and boring, nobody can sing and it's not half as good as the original one... which was a bit upsetting, to say the least, because I was looking forward to this film ever since the first news came out. But who cares about what the critiques say about a Disney tale that's aimed at children and adults who watched the original Beauty and the Beast on VHS tape? 

Fortunately, the live-action film is just as good as the animated one. It does justice to the original Beauty and the Beast while adding a tiny bit more to the story - fine touches here and there, nothing major. The visuals are stunning, the dialogues are funny, the music is great (both new and old) - and rest assured: the coat hanger still plays the violin!

I really liked what they did to a few characters - the Beast, LeFou, Gaston, Maurice: they became more round and well... alive. I think my favourite was Gaston, whom I hated in the animated film. Don't worry, he is still the twat he was, but Luke Evans' Gaston is a bit crueller and a bit more credible than his animated counterpart. And also: how did they make LeFou, the slimiest of sidekicks into a really nice guy, while keeping him all slimy? I really enjoyed their musical scene in Gaston the Hunter - which just shows how much I liked the live version Gaston and LeFou: I bloody hate that song in the animated film (my second most disliked song is Be Our Guest - go home dancing spoons, you are drunk).

All in all, I loved the new Beauty and the Beast - and if you liked the 1991 animated film, you will enjoy the 2017 live-action film, too. *sings Tale as old as time in head for the 10000th time*


Have you seen it? What did you think?
🌹



You Might Also Like

0 megjegyzés

Thank you for stopping by!